Effective Date: January 15, 2021
Last Updated: June 13, 2022
We at Well Found, Inc. d.b.a. Womaness (“Womaness”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) are strongly committed to transparency, and we want you (“you” or “your”) to understand how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information, as well as how you can manage the personal information we collect. This Privacy Notice applies to your interactions with us or your use of our website (www.womaness.com), products, services, apps, or features, either online or offline (collectively, our “Services”).
By using our Services, you acknowledge the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use our Services. If you do not understand, or if you have questions about, this Privacy Notice, please contact us before using, or continuing to use, our Services.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the changes here. If we choose to amend this Privacy Notice, we will revise the Last Updated date at the top of this Privacy Notice when we post the updated version. We may also provide you with notice by prominently posting on our website, via email or both, if we make any significant changes to this Privacy Notice. We may also highlight those changes at the top of this Privacy Notice and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change. Your use of our Services after we have informed you in one of these ways that we made changes to our Privacy Notice will mean that you have accepted those changes.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- DATA TRANSFERS
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- YOUR CHOICES
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND APPS
- CONTACT US
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information from you when you provide it to us or when you use or interact with our Services: personal information and non-personal information.
Personal information includes all information that relates to you or which are opinions about you personally and either identifies or may be used to identify you personally (collectively, “personal information”). We may collect the following types of personal information from you depending upon the device you are using and how you interact with us or use or interact with our Services, such as your:
- Contact Information. Name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Demographic Information. Date of birth and gender.
- Commercial Information. Information regarding the products and services you have purchased or expressed interest in.
- Device Information. IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type and device identifiers.
- Financial Information. Credit and debit card numbers and other financial information necessary to receive payment for Services purchased.
- Audio Information. When you speak with customer service representatives, we may record the conversation for training and quality assurance purposes. If we intend to record the call, we will also notify you prior to doing so.
- Health-related Information. You may choose to provide us with health-related information such as when your last cycle was or any menopause symptoms you may be experiencing.
- Referral Information. When you refer an individual to use our Services, you may provide us with information that personally identifies that individual, such as name and email address.
- Testimonial / Product Review Information. When you provide a testimonial or review our Services, you may provide us with personal information, including photos and videos, related to our experience. Please note, such information is viewable by other individuals and we ask that you not include any sensitive personal information in such testimonials or reviews.
Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you or information that has been anonymized (collectively, “non-personal information”). When we combine non-personal information with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information.
You can always refuse to provide your personal information, but please note that some personal information is necessary to provide our Services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need to collect personal information from you in order to provide you with our Services, as well as to improve your experience. You may provide us with personal information in several ways, including, for example when you:
- Visit our website or use our Services;
- Correspond with us in any way, including through surveys and promotions;
- Sign up to receive our newsletter or promotional information;
- Ask for customer service, support or other assistance; or
- Interact with us in any other way, online or offline, including through our Services.
Like many websites and apps, we use “cookies”, which are small text files that are stored on your computer or equipment when you visit certain online pages that record your preferences and actions, including how you use the website. We use this information for analytics purposes which allows us to improve your browsing experience. The information we collect through these technologies will also be used to manage your session. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorised as "necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. These necessary cookies cannot be disabled.
Cookie Opt-out. You can set your browser or device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If you delete your cookies, if you opt-out from cookies, or if you set your browser or device to decline these technologies, some Services may not function properly. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Offline Interactions and Other Sources
We also may collect personal information from other sources, such as our partners or third party service providers, or from our offline interactions with you for the purposes listed in the How We Use Personal Information section below, including to enable us to verify or update information contained in our records and to better customize the Services for you.
Social Media Integration
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, and when you do, we may collect additional information from you, including the information listed in the Types of Information We Collect section above. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. When you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button or Twitter’s “Tweet” button, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. We encourage you to review the social media platforms’ usage and disclosure policies and practices, including the data security practices, before using them.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information to do any or all of the following:
- provide you with our Services;
- facilitate your interactions and transactions with us;
- respond to your requests, communications, suggestions, comments, inquiries, and requests (including your feedback about our Services);
- administer our relationship with you, including creating and managing your account;
- administer and manage our business and supply chain;
- maintain and improve our Services;
- measure the performance of our Services;
- develop and research new products, features, and services;
- better understand the preferences of our customers;
- provide personalized Services, including content and ads;
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing offers or information from us or relevant third parties;
- facilitate your participation in our surveys and promotions;
- ensure our systems and premises are secure;
- develop and manage relationships with our business partners;
- operate tools and suppressors to exclude individuals from direct marketing after unsubscribing;
- respond to legally binding requests from law enforcement, regulatory authorities, or other third parties;
- prevent, detect, or investigate unauthorized use of our Services and ensure compliance with the law and our policies;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or applicable terms of service or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations;
- manage any dispute and accidents and take legal or other professional advice;
- to prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency;
- comply with applicable law; or
- any other purpose with your consent.
We may also combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected through our Services, and develop a customer profile that will be used for the purposes above.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we only retain personal information for as long as we need to use the information for the purposes listed above, including, for legal, regulatory, backup, archival, accounting, and/or audit purposes.
We may use personal information to create non-personal information. We may use non-personal information for any legitimate business purpose.
4. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as disclosed in this Privacy Notice, we do not share personal information with any companies other than our subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, suppliers, vendors, service providers, and contractors, including our and their directors, officers, employees, agents, consultants, advisors or other representatives.
Our business partners, suppliers, vendors, service providers, and contractors include IT service providers, financial institutions and payment providers, customer relationship management vendors, other cloud-based solutions providers, lawyers, accountants, auditors and other professional advisors. We contract with them to ensure that they only process your personal information under our instructions and ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
We share personal information with these third parties to help us:
- with the uses described in the How We Use Information section above;
- in the operation, management, improvement, research and analysis of our Services;
- with our marketing and promotional projects, such as sending you information about products and services you may like and other promotions (provided you have not unsubscribed from receiving such marketing and promotional information from us); and
- comply with your directions or any consent you have provided us.
We may share personal information with law enforcement and regulatory authorities or other third parties as required or permitted by law for the purpose of:
- responding to a subpoena, court order, or other legal processes;
- defending, protecting, or enforcing our rights;
- assisting in the event of an emergency; and
- complying with applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we may also transfer or assign personal information to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation. If we are involved in defending a legal claim, we may disclose personal information about you that is relevant to the claim to third parties as a result of, or in connection with, the associated legal proceedings.
We share non-personal information with third parties as reasonably necessary to meet our business needs.
5. HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are dedicated to ensuring the security of your personal information. We use physical, electronic, and administrative security measures appropriate to the risks and sensitivity of the personal information we collect. We aim to provide secure transmission of your personal information from your devices to our servers. We have processes to store personal information that we have collected in secure operating environments. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you. We try our best to safeguard personal information once we receive it, but please understand that no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your personal information, please contact us immediately.
6. DATA TRANSFERS
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are not for children or those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or other persons who are under 13 years of age. Individuals who are children or those under the age of 13 should not attempt to provide us with any personal information. If you think we have received personal information from children or those under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent. California residents under 18 years old, in certain circumstances, may request and obtain removal of personal information or content that you have posted on our Services. Please be mindful that this would not ensure complete removal of the content posted by you on our Services. To make any request pursuant to California privacy law, please contact us.
9. YOUR CHOICES
Updating / correcting your personal information
The accuracy of the personal information we have about you is very important. To submit a request to update or correct your information, please contact us using the information below.
Email Communications / Direct Marketing / Text Marketing
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Services. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt-out of marketing emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You will continue to receive these necessary emails, if lawful and appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional marketing communications.
By subscribing to Womaness text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to opt-out and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
We are using a text messaging platform, which is subject to the following terms and conditions. By opting in for our text marketing and notifications, you agree to these terms and conditions.
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
Your phone number, name, and purchase information will be shared with our SMS platform "SMSBump Inc", a European Union company with an office in Sofia, Bulgaria, EU. This data will be used for sending you targeted marketing messages and notifications. Upon sending the text messages, your phone number will be passed to a text messages operator to fulfill their delivery.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text "HELP" to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
Cookies / Beacons
Network Advertising Initiative
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt-out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out Page or through the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool. Please note that even if you choose to remove your personal information (opt-out) you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt-out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track
Some devices and browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that you can set in certain browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPS
Our website and Services may contain links to other websites or apps operated by third parties. Please be advised that the practices described in this Privacy Notice do not apply to information gathered through these third party websites and apps. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the actions and privacy policies of third parties and other websites and apps.
11. CONTACT US
We welcome requests, questions, comments, and feedback on this Privacy Notice and our management of personal information. If you have requests, questions, concerns, or feedback, you can always contact us in the following ways. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before assisting with your request, such as verifying that the information used to contact us matches the information that we have on file.
Email us at email@example.com